Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It`s Just Another Day

"It`s just another day..."
-Paul McCartney-



I like uneventful days.

And trying to turn them into something blog worthy...

(but still wondering who would read this, uh... Unsinn)

Yesterday:

  • No host mom... means I get to eat at school which means I got to walk to school!
  • Walked to school.. realized that I can totally have worship sessions every morning. This was the second one. Throw on that iPod, get into the woods... and goodness we have a good God! I felt quite happy as I walked through the schools entrance doors into...
  • German classe. And I pulled out my smelly tiny little taped up yellow book. A little book with old German words that are not in my dictionary. Hence, the time was spent writing in my agenda about the day before.
  • Geography test! These are the best.. just write down some random answers and get full marks. The teacher appreciates that I just give it a go.. which I do. But, well, I have no idea what the weather map for today is in Switzerland. So I drew a wonderful map showing the temperatures in Antartica. Hope she doesn`t verfy that with the internet. Then we watched that Global Warmings vid by Al Gore... happy to say I understood parts of it.
  • No Italien.. hence, two hours in the computer lab, ahem.. working? Nah, Facebook instead.
  • Lunch... Wow! The cafeteria here always whips out restaurant quality food. Today, some sort of fine tender chicken in a sauce along with rissotto or something like that. The meat sort of melted in the mouth. And they have toothpicks on each table!
  • Theatre. I guess I said my lines right? I really am coming to like the director, he is so sweet.. and old. And totally into what he is doing. And we all love people wîth passion.
  • Read. Heavenly Man. Check it out! Amazing book and really encouraging to my faith.. and convicting.
  • Dinner.. same old same old. Still trying to get the courage to eat the slimy creamy cheese stuff. I like it sharp.
  • 50 First Dates. Yep. Watched it.. with my host dad. I think he has good taste in movies.. or he was just watching whatever was on the TV that night. I think it was the later.

So.. that is just a glimpse into a normal same old same old day in my life.

But know what.. it never gets old. I am still blown away by the beauty each day as I walk along the water front staring at the mountains raised up tall across the lake. Covered in snow. The rolling hills. The perfection.



(snapshot from my walk home yesterday)

No comments: