Thursday, February 28, 2008

Lemonade

Life gave me lemonade and I can't imagine why
Born on a sunny day, beneath a tangerine sky
I live life without pretending
I'm a sucker for happy endings
Thanks for the lemonade
Thanks for the lemonade!

-Chris Rice-


Inspired? Of course, I am Maggie.
And beside me, my favourite Swissish Nederlander... Romy.


I am still totally digging life and how things are going.

You know.. well, nothing eventful.

I love Fasnacht. But life is not Fasnacht.

Life is going to school and talking to friends... well, on a shallow Maggie level, not that I am shallow.

Lately... my life has been theatre, all the time. Pretty crazy stuff.


GAH! Medea.

Tommorow gives the premier.. I should be nervous, but I don`t have it in me to be nervous. I will go out there and try and do my best, I am no actor, but I enjoy it.

Lately, let`s see.. the other day I hung out with Roswita and Helena. We just walked around, checked out Vögele or something, a shoe store, Migros, did a round of photos in the photo booth, went down by the water and sang and played the pan pipes.

Pan Pipes?

Yes! Pan Pipes are amazing!

Let`s see.. here are some pics from a theatre walk:

Stephanie and the blue wall...


Oh lay?
Stephanie and Jana, Jorge`s host sister.


Jump. Stephanie. Jump.

So I guess that was our theatre walk.. just enjoiyng the sun, we never see it on stage.

The other day, eh, went home with Jorge`s host sister for some orange punch and ended up talking to Jorge for a while about life in general. Poor guy has been sick for a while.

After Salsa Course...

Lately, a few of us exchangers have found a way to fill up our Wednesday evenings. Salsa. We found a great deal for a 6 week course in Luzern.

It is better than I thought it would be. We make a lot of progress. I figured Jorge couldn`t learn anything (Mr. Salsa Ninja) but I guess there is always something to learn in the dance world.

Currently it is me, Jorge, Patrick, Chris, and Paz. That`s right.. the guys out number the girls. And I just so happen to be a minority! A girl and American. That feels refreshing.

So the course is for 1.5 hours. The teacher mixes things up so we get to integrate with the Swiss people.

I just like getting out there and moving. I could be horrible at it... but I can get the steps down and rhythms without too much difficulty. Naturally it takes effort... but it is quite amusing and even more so, fun.

After the course, we have to way some 30 minutes or more before the right train comes, so we tend to just hang out at McDonalds or what not.

And that is life for me lately... theatre, salsa, walks, hanging out.. life.

Patrick... being a, er, tourist. Bus ride home from Salsa.

No comments: