Monday, August 6, 2007

Lastish Post... Eh?

So, how does it feel?

I doubt most of you that I "know know" willl ever feel this way.

When you go to college, you come home for Christmas.

So why dont' I share with you a little bit of my head.

Well - I can't say any feelings I have are that bad, honestly.

I'm soooo excited! I can barely contain myself! And I've chosen to let those emotions carry me through the day and kind of not think about the 11 months part... hehe.

Today my friends Jenny and Sarah helped me out once more get ready.

There was much packing, repacking, and stickering.

My last moments were epic.

With Jenny, we mainly spoke of farting super heroes, froze high school musical frames to get funny faces, dancing crazily to "Love Today" by Mika, putting on temporary tatoos of rings of beach balls, going through my medicine cabinet, speaking of warts, spitting on the side walks.

And our famous good bye that isn't so famous.

And for Sarah, we stuck lots of stickers.... lots of them, opened pin packages, pinned pins to ribbon, markered business cards, packed, repacked, made labels, were awesome, went to her house, tried to take pictures with her Polaroid camera... realized it was out of film, hugged her entire family, ate my last chocolate chip cooking that I'll eat in the USA, and said good bye.

But both times I said good bye... I was happy. Smiling. Laughing.

Why? - How is this so? I'm supposed to be a wreck, crying and all.

I think that it is because I was having such a great time and focusing on the now. It's just like this year.. I can't think ahead, I just need to get through each day and each moment.

And so, yeah it's pretty crazy.

And this morning, Miss Leah was amaazingly epic.

[she's ninja crazy good at German]

And she helped me write my "speech" if they ask me to give one.. well, not quite a speech. More so a introduction talk if I go to a Rotary meeting.

And she taught me snazzy stuff on dat, akk, and, um, that one other case... nom?

Yep!

And I saw Emily and her mom today which was reallly really good. They're some of the snazziest folks I know.. really sweet. Yep!

They came by to say good bye and later we ran into them again.

Emily had a dog she was dog sitting and I think I enjoyed that dog a little bit too much.

But these emotions are so weird. I mean, it's so crazy looking at my house and my stuff and saying, "see you in a year!" And I just can't get over the emotions. Any emotions of saddness and regret have not entered my brain. I think I'll break down when I get on that silly little aeroplane.. but I'll hold it together. I just have to. I feel like I have to be brave.. and it's not to hard. I just think forward and I'm so excited and in awe that I really don't have anything to be worried about.

Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."

-Andre Gide-

"A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother"

(Prov. 18:24)


So, all you readers - you're going on this adventure with me. So make sure you buckle up your seat belt... cause it's gonna be a crazy ride. And we'll see how many of you will stick with me through it all.. but luckily, I've got Jesus by my side this entire time... but hey, a little support (and luckily I've got plenty of it) never hurt anybody. Thanks all who helped me prepare for this upcoming year.

We have a take off in...

Five
Four
Three
Two
One
LASAGNE!

No comments: